Administration & Maintenance Commission
Commissioner: Karen Macha
Commissioner: Karen Macha
The Administration and Communication Commission provides logistical support for the operation of the parish via maintenance and improvement of the physical plant and surrounding grounds, providing communications through publication of newsletters, bulletins, telephonic banking and other media. Parish planning, both short term and strategic, is developed for pastor and Parish Council approval and is tracked for effectiveness.
Building and Grounds Use and Maintenance Committee
Commissioner: Michael Kenny
Duties are accomplished with parish volunteers and vendors. Responsibilities for maintaining, repairing and improving the buildings and their systems which are part of the physical plant of Holy Spirit Church include:
- low voltage systems upkeep
- building repairs
- ball field and playground care
- landscape and flowerbed care
- sprinkler system maintenance
- grounds keeping
- performance of routine inspections
- Committee members also act as a coordination point with the insurance underwriter.
Finance Commission Commissioner: Pete Galan
Additional Administrative Committees
- Long Term and Short Term Planning: Responsible for providing staff support on an ad hoc basis to Parish Council and other organizations as directed.
- Personnel Committee: Provides staff support to the Pastor and Financial Committee on an ad hoc basis as required.
- Parish Office Support Volunteers: Volunteers provide services in office such as phone answering, making copies, etc. to support the parish.
- Newsletter and Flyer Committee: Publishes a bi-monthly parish newsletter which seeks to inform and educate parishioners about activities, issues and needs of Holy Spirit Catholic Church and
the Diocese of Lubbock. Input is sought from the Pastor and various parish organizations. Also creates flyers and brochures in support of parish programs through use of computer-based publications
and graphics programs and other media.
- Bulletin Assembly Committee: Chair: Peggy Clark Assembles parish bulletins, newsletters and other special publications for mailing or other distribution. Maintains a cadre of volunteers to assist with assembly of publications. Calls in volunteers when help is requested by pastor, secretary or editor.
- Pictorial Directory Committee: When new parish directories are prepared, volunteers for this committee provide logistical support for vendor preparing Parish Directory. Activities include scheduling, telephone reminders, distribution of completed directories and other duties.